The Tornado4000 is more than just a smart compact battery charger. It’s a battery maintainer, trickle charger, battery desulfator, and a DC power supply all in one. The Tornado4000 can supply a constant 13.5 volts DC to power on-board devices drawing up to 4 amps. It’s compatible with 6V/12V lead-acid and 12V lithium-ion batteries up to 120Ah. 5 charging modes combined with 9-Step Smart Charging technology make the Tornado4000 highly versatile. An IP65 water-resistant enclosure and cold weather capability (down to -4°F/-20°C) ensure a wide operating environment range, while also being lightweight and portable. Operation is easy thanks to the four error indicators.
Wide Charging Capabilities
Support for Multiple Battery Types
The Tornado4000 supports a wide selection of batteries ranging from 5Ah to 120Ah, compatible with all types of 6V & 12V lead-acid batteries, and 12V lithium batteries including LI, AGM, WET, GEL, MF, CAL, EFB.
5 Charging Mode
Tordado4000 offers 5 charging modes: 12V NORM, 12V LI, 12V REP, 12V SUP and 6V NORM. Simply choose the most suitable charging mode according to your battery and let the Tornado4000 go to work.
Stable Power Supply And Voltage Stabilizer
- Providing an output supply of 13.5V and a maximum current of 4A (54W), the Tornado4000 works as voltage stabilizer for ECU programming and a power supply for 12V devices such as tire inflators, lamps, fans, etc with the 12V “SUPPLY” mode.
Battery Desulfurization Capabilities
- Utilizing pulse-width modulation to break down the sulfates in an aging battery, the Tornado4000 can restore the battery resistance efficiently and prolong service life, reviving the battery and bringing it back to a suitable state-of-health.
Safety Conscious Self-Adjusting Power
- The Tornado4000 will self-adjust charging power as needed based on a variety of conditions such as temperature of the charger, or temperature of the environment as a safety measure.
9-Step Smart Charging Mode
- TOPDON’s patented 9-step smart charging gives your lead-acid battery an optimized, maintained, and integrated charging process. When connected, not only will the Tornado4000 charge the battery, but it will act as battery maintainer to truly repair your car battery. Moreover, the Tornado4000 specializes in offering a 5-step smart charging mode for lithium batteries.
One-tap Charging & Memory Functions
After a charging mode has been selected, the Tornado4000 will begin charging automatically without the need to select anything else. The charger also has a memory function that will resume charging at the previously set charging mode after the charger has been switched on again after being off.
Four Error Indicators, Easy to Observe
Equipped with 4 error indicators, the Tornado4000 will not only display the detected voltage of device, but also clearly shows the charging status.
(1)Reverse connection/short circuit
(2)Bad battery: battery voltage rises abnormally
(3)Charging overtime: > 10h at a single stage
(4)Overtemperature: > 120°C/248°F
Smart Safety Inside and Out
- Interior Safety
The Tornado4000 is equipped with built-in safety systems such as overtemperature, short circuits, over voltage, reverse connection and sparks.
- Exterior Safety
IP65 rated, and constructed of an ABS exterior housing, the Tornado4000 is dust and water resistant. It is also flame retardant and withstand temperatures up to 158°F (70°C).
- Input Voltage: 100-240V
- Output Voltage: 6-14.4V
- Output Current: 4A Max
- Charging Mode: 12V NORM, 12V LI, 12V REP, 12V SUP & 6V NORM
- AC Cable Length: 2m, Input AWG18#
- Charging Method: 9-Step Smart Charging
- DC Cable Length: Positive AWG14#, 1.8m; Negative AWG14#, 1.8m
- Dimension: 13*7.9*5cm (5.12*3.11*1.97 inch)
- Weight: 600g (1.32 lb)
- Protection Rating: IP65
- Applicable Battery Capacities: 5-120Ah
- Applicable Battery Types: LI, AGM, WET, GEL, MF, CAL, EFB and more.
- Tornado4000 *1
- Package Box *1
- SAE to O-ring terminals *1
- Battery Clamps *1
- User Manual *1
- 3 Year Warranty
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov