The TopScan is a pocket-sized tool that turns a phone into a scan tool and keeps up with its users as they go beyond basic scans. Connect the TopScan to the OBD2 port and begin diagnosing through the tool's app. The TopScan excels at the fundamentals. Capable of reading and clearing fault codes, and supports 70+ different vehicle makes across American, Asian, and European vehicles.
The TopScan provides a comprehensive maintenance knowledge base to quickly get started on auto repair jobs. Access 8 maintenance services, AutoVIN technology, vehicle performance testing, and even bidirectional control through your phone. Added benefits of the TopScan include a full-system DTC Repair Guide and one-click I/M Readiness.
TopScan offers two versions: the Lite and Pro. The TopScan Pro steps beyond the lite version by offering IMMO functionality and a total of 13 reset functions, including Injector Coding, Tire Pressure Reset, and Sunroof Initialization. Whether you're a DIY enthusiast or a professional technician, the TopScan has got you covered.
**Currently, added functions for the TopScan Pro do not work for all vehicles.
Get All The OBD2 Data
TOPDON’s TopScan works as an OBD2 code reader and performs all 10 modes of OBD2 testing free for life, allowing you to access crucial information on even more vehicles.
It also supports full functionalities including reading DTCs, clearing DTCs, Live Data, I/M Readiness Monitor Status, View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Testing, On-board Monitor Testing, Evap Testing, Read Vehicle Information, and DTC Look Up.
Repair Data Library
- The TopScan provides a comprehensive maintenance knowledge base to help beginners familiarize themselves with vehicle diagnosis quickly. A great feature for DIYers who want to save money and solve minor vehicle problems.
- The Repair Information includes a DTC Repair Guide, Technical Service Bulletin, DLC Location, and Warning Light Library.
- The TopScan car scanner can get access to vehicle-specific subsystems and component parts that drive the actuators to perform a specific function.
- This determines the integrity of the system or parts, allowing users to analyze and locate faulty parts more accurately. Including fuel injectors, coolant pumps, windows, windshield wipers, and more.
Full System Diagnosis for 70+ Brands
- The TopScan scanner allows the user to perform a comprehensive scan of all vehicle systems including engine, transmission, airbag, ABS, ESP, TPMS, immobilizer, gateway, steering, radio, and air conditioning for more than 70 brands.
8 Reset Functions
- TopScan offers the 8 most commonly used reset functions for your vehicle: Oil Reset, Throttle Adaptation, EPB Reset, Steering Angle Reset, DPF Regeneration, ABS Bleeding, BMS Reset, Airbag Reset.
Optional Key Programming Tool
The TopScan’s key programming add-on lets the tool work on 44+ vehicle brands. The upgrade boasts a variety of functions including Number of Keys, PIN Reading, Key Learning, Remote Control Learning, Delete Keys, and All Keys Lost.
DTC Repair Guide
The TopScan offers DTC Repair Guide to walk you through the processes and codes of vehicle diagnostics. After reading the fault codes, the TopScan can display the definition of fault codes and offer guidance on how to repair it.
It includes the fault code definitions for all systems, such as Dashboard, Air Conditioning, and more. Currently, the TopScan is compatible with Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat 2010-2014 (Compatibility expands as updates release).
Test Emissions Easily with One-Click
The TopScan scanner includes a one-touch I/M readiness button for a quick smog status check and generates testing reports. With this function, users can analyze car's carbon emissions faster and more efficiently whenever and wherever.
Suitable for emission pre-tests on annual inspections and spot tests on the road.
- Vehicle Performance Tests allow you to make accurate measurements of vehicle acceleration, providing results at intervals defined by set speed and fixed distance measurements.
- Record the elapsed time for a certain distance, and the elapsed time for a vehicle to accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour(adjustable).
Engine Volume Efficiency
- Volumetric efficiency(VE) is one important engine performance parameter, which indicates the performance of the engine.
- The higher the volumetric efficiency, the better the power output of the engine.
- The TopScan comes with VE checking functions, enter the value including Engine Size, Engine Speed, MAF, Intake Air Temp, Cylinders, and Air Intake Pressure to calculate the VE of an engine.
Multi-Dimensional Data Display
Display data streams in the form of text, graph or a dashboard-like chart. This helps users to intuitively observe data changes over time.
Use the “Combine” function to graphically display up to 4 data streams in a single interface, which allows you to evaluate performance with comparative data to make accurate and efficient decisions.
The TopScan can generate diagnostic reports for System, Fault Codes, or Data Streams. A system diagnostic report can display the number of fault codes before and after repair for comparison, clearly indicating how many fault parts and fault codes have been Repaired.
AutoVIN & AutoScan
- The TopScan comes with AutoVIN and AutoScan functions to streamline your repair process and save diagnostic time.
AutoVIN automatically identifies vehicle information such as make, model, and year of manufacture; AutoScan detects all vehicle systems and retrieves DTCs easily.
Wireless Diagnosis for Maximum Flexibility
With Bluetooth 5.0, The TopScan can communicate with a vehicle 33ft (10 meter) away. The wireless function gives technicians the ability to diagnose, while positioning themselves anywhere they need to be. As long as they are within Bluetooth range.
Vehicle Coverage Lookup
- Enter the Device Model, Vehicle Series, Vehicle Model, Year and Function you would like to perform on your car. The Vehicle Coverage Lookup function can help you check whether the device is applicable to your vehicle, supporting 60+ brands.
Powerful Scanner in Your Pocket
Measuring 3.31 x 1.98 x 1.07 inches and weighing only 2.75 oz, this pocket-size scan tool is perfect for home garage projects and professional jobs that require mechanics to leave the shop.
Compatible with mobile devices on Android 7.0/iOS 10.0 or above. 3 indicators display Bluetooth connection, power, and communication with vehicle on the VCI.
DTC Repair Guide:
The OBD2 DTC Repair Guide can display the definition of fault codes and offer guidance in how to repair the Code.
Technical Service Bulletin
By entering the brand, model and year, you can access original technical service bulletins to get technical guidance including problems, applicable models and how to find and fix the problems, facilitating your diagnostics.
By selecting the vehicle brand, model, year, and other information, the TopScan can show the DLC locations of various vehicles, saving you the trouble of searching.
Warning Light Library:
The warning light library will provide information on vehicle dashboard warning lights, including descriptions of the warning lights, impact on driving, possible causes of malfunctions, solutions, and related FAQs.
- Bluetooth: 5.0 (connection range: 33 feet/10m);
Support mobile devices running on Android 7.0 or above/iOS 10.0 or above
- Storage Temperature: -20°C~70°C (-4°F~158°F)
- Working Temperature: -10°C~50°C (14°F~122°F)
- Dimensions: 84.1*50.4*27.2mm (3.31*1.98*1.07 inch)
- Net Weight: 78g (2.75 oz)
- Multilingual Support-10 Languages:
English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Korean, Chinese
- 1 Year Warranty
- 1 Year of Updates Included
- TopScan Device
- Quick User Guide
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov